Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Corey's Wardrobe Issues

Well -- when Laura called me at work and told me she had gotten a call from Corey's bus driver, I new Corey's antics had finally caught up with him. Was it the smart comments? The constant badgering over which radio station? Or maybe picking on some smaller six grader over the back seat? Heaven knows Corey has had it coming for a long time!


To my surprise it was something totally different. You can imagine my surprise when I learned the driver had call to let us know that Corey was not going to be allowed on the bus any longer unless he was dressed properly. Our oldest son had been "sneaking" to the bus stop in his shorts and no coat when it was below 10 degrees outside! Our shock and horror was quickly redirected from the driver (who had the GALL to point out we might not be dressing our son properly) to Corey. Mom was embarrassed and I was surprised that even Corey could be that crazy. Coming from someone who didn't like to wear long pants too often himself I thought I could relate but Corey (as usual) had taken this to a whole new level.


Laura asked if we could skip YM's and resolve the issue. I escaped early but after helping a friend and a late call from my boss - we didn't get out early. In the end - Corey spent just under half of my 401k (okay -- not what it used to be) and had himself a new coat, sweatshirt and two pairs of jeans! He even promised to wear them! So -- my wallet is lighter but Corey is warmer and the bus driver will again let Corey ride. DISASTER averted!

No comments: